What astonishes me is that the opponents of the People’s Action Party always turn out to be crooks.
1. Joshua Benjamin Jeyaretnam – convicted for “falsely accounting the party’s funds”, although Her Majesty’s Most Honourable Privy Council stupidly said the conviction was a “grievous injustice”. Declared bankrupt. Then became illegal hawker at Raffles City.
2. Chee Soon Juan – cheated NUS, wait for it, for falsely claiming stamp fees and taxi fare. Was fired. Then bankrupt. Then jailed. Then a lot of other things also.
3. Tang Liang Hong – supposedly an anti-Christian and anti-Muslim Chinese chauvinist. And if that’s not enough, he also cheated IRAS. Fled the country.
4. Francis Seow – “received political campaign finance from the United States to promote democracy in Singapore.” He also evaded taxes, my god. Fled the country.
5. Dr Vincent Wijeysingha – Dr Vivian Balakrishnan of the PAP said Vincent and his party tried to hide a Youtube video from the Internet (despicable!) and they have agendas and motivations which raise awkward questions.
And now, the honorable Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean has so kindly raised “a new and serious question about Mr Png’s (WP candidate for Hougang) integrity.”
I’m sure this is a short list and there are more crooks but as the Singapore Police Force like to remind us – Low Crime doesn’t mean No Crime.
“I don’t know what to say” except if you want to be and stay a Master of the Universe, then everyone else becomes your Skeletors, Hordaks and Evil Lyns.
They have the power.